Saturday, December 20, 2008

I have not blogged for....a month? It feels like it! I have so much to talk about. So many pics and memories to share. The first weekend in December my neices came for a visit. We love when they come and hope that we can do things that will make them want to come again. This weekend was Swiss Christmas in Midway. Bekah was to dance on Saturday, we got her and everything ready.

First we went to lunch at the favorite "train place" Dairy Keen. Then we went to watch Bekah dance. After, we went to view the amazing gingerbread houses that are sold in silent auction for the Justice House that serves abused children in Wasatch and Summit counties.


These gingerbread houses are shockingly beautiful. Micah's boss's wife, Tonya Webb builds the most amazing houses. This is a picture of her home this year. She always "remakes" a local home.





Next we went over to the creche' and viewed all the Nativities that were on dispaly there. i couldn't get very good pictures with the Nativities but I got this one at the end. They had 990 creches' from so many different countries...it was quite the display. I think our favorite was the one on a match stick a man cut with an exacto knife in 20 minutes. You have to see it to believe it.





The event that did darken our visit was a small fender bender at the house. Someone was leaving the house going to work and.....well, hit Mallory's baby. Her beautiful Scion Tc. I know the exact make because we did have to inform the insurance....it's all getting repaired as we are sitting now! The car gets to sit in a garage during this crazy snow they are having in St. George. Yeah! Crazy times.





2 comments:

Jonesy said...

So glad to see a post! :)

Melissa said...

What is UP with people hitting cars parked in front of your house lately? I just hope this person had insurance (and actually stopped to exchange info, etc.). So sad...
I'm so glad the Joneses came up for a visit! :) Looks like you had a ton of fun!
We missed the gingerbread houses and the creches cuz we had so much going on that weekend. We actually tried to go to the creche exhibit on Monday evening, but it was over! I thought it always went till Monday night so people could go for FHE, but I guess not this year. My kids were BUMMED (and so was I)!!!
Great post! So much fun!
That house Tonia did this year was incredible--just like every year! What did she use for the red bricks?
PS: I need your personal email address again, please. All I have in my address book is your work one.